Sunday, January 22, 2023

Introduction to Carrie's Wine Blog

My name is Caroline Craig, but you can call me Carrie! When it comes to wine, I believe that I have more experience than most people my age. My father has been making wine from kits for many years and now I am making my own. This semester, I am working on a batch of Pinot Noir which will hopefully be very delicious! 

I have experience tasting wine too. When I was 18 years old, I attended my first wine tasting in Italy on the slopes of Mount Vesuvius overlooking Pompeii. It was definitely a memorable first tasting! I remember how quickly they brought all six wines for us to taste. I was not very used to wine yet, so it was a challenge to finish the glass before the next one. After the tasting, we hiked up the volcano in a very good mood! Over the years I have figured out that I prefer fruity red wines the most. My least favorite type of wines is usually dry whites.

One thing I hope to gain from this course is more knowledge on wine tradition and decorum. By the end of the class, I hope to be able to pick up on notes and flavors in wine better than I can now. I would also like to be able to go out and talk about wine with people who are older and more experienced than I am. I look forward to learning lots this semester!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy

    Name:  Summer Shandy Brewery:  Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company Price: $10.99 for 6 bottles My Review: Picture this. It's a hot sum...