Thursday, December 28, 2023

Winking Owl Pinot Grigio

Name: Pinot Grigio

Winery: Winking Owl

Price: $3.50

My Review: Well, you certainly get what you pay for. I feel like I make the same facial expression as the owl on the bottle of wine when I take a sip of this Pinot Grigio. Honestly, the taste itself is not THAT bad considering how cheap it is. There are some nice flavors of pear and apple in the wine. The only negative is the sour sensation that occurs with each mouthful. 

We attempted to pair this with a ham quiche, but this was not the right move. This wine was far too citrus-y and sour for egg, ham, and pepperjack cheese. Still, if you are looking for a cheap bottle of wine to gain an extra screw cap wine bottle for making limoncello, this will suit you perfectly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Winking Owl Pinot Grigio

Name:  Pinot Grigio Winery:  Winking Owl Price:  $3.50 My Review: Well, you certainly get what you pay for. I feel like I make the same faci...