Sunday, January 22, 2023

Tasting- Mark West Black Pinot Noir

 


Name: Mark West Black Pinot Noir

Variety: 100% Pinot Noir

Region: California

Country: USA

Year: 2017

Price: $12

Winery review: Winemaker Notes, "The deepest, darkest, smoothest Pinot in our collection, with notes of black cherries, plums, mocha, vanilla, and caramel. Grilled lamb chops, gourmet flatbread pizza, and pulled pork sandwiches are all solid choices."

Wine Folly: Wine Folly recommends that you decant this wine 30 minutes before serving, which we did not do. When tasting and smelling this wine I did not pick up on cherry, but I did get blackberry. This wine was much dryer than I expected, but it was still very good! Wine Folly also suggests aging this wine to 10 years at least.

My Review: This wine was very good! Pinot Noir is my favorite type of wine. The color of this wine was a dark cherry. The main smell and taste of this wine is blackberry and mocha. I also got notes of vanilla which balanced the dark fruit flavors well. I did not pick up on the plum in the wine, but I easily believe that it was in there. What surprised me the most about this wine was how smooth it was even though it was dry. I would love to try this wine with pork like Wine Folly and the review recommends.




3 comments:

  1. Can I take this class with you? We're enjoying your blog very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to keep entering comments but I changed my timezone in my settings and I don't know why it still showed up like I'm in California. At least I match your wine...

    ReplyDelete

Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy

    Name:  Summer Shandy Brewery:  Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company Price: $10.99 for 6 bottles My Review: Picture this. It's a hot sum...