Sunday, January 22, 2023

Tasting- Just Bee Chardonnay

 


Name: Just Bee Chardonnay

Variety: 100% Chardonnay

Region: California

Country: USA

Year: 2020

Price: $15

Winery review: "This Chardonnay is 100% barrel fermented to create a rich wine exhibiting a classic profile." -justbeewine.com

Wine Folly: I do not have my book yet, but I am referencing the the Chardonnay from the Wine Folly website. I could taste the butter and perhaps a little bit of the vanilla. I did not pick up on any apple, starfruit, or pineapple. It was not as dry as the website suggested. The Chardonnay was colder than what Wine Folly recommends, but it was still very good! We did not decant the wine which follows the suggestion of Wine Folly.

My Review: I really enjoyed this wine! It was very fresh and crisp. Usually I expect Chardonnay to be very dry, but this one was slightly sweet. I thought it was also very flowery. In future, I would love to try this wine with some Brie cheese like Wine Folly suggests. This wine might also be better once it is aged a few more years. It is only 2 years old, but Wine Folly recommends drinking Chardonnay once it is at least 5 years old.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy

    Name:  Summer Shandy Brewery:  Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company Price: $10.99 for 6 bottles My Review: Picture this. It's a hot sum...