Sunday, January 29, 2023

Tasting - Dr Hans VonMuller Riesling Spatlese

 

Name: Dr Hans VonMuller Riesling Spatlese

Variety: 100% Riesling

Region: Mosel Valley

Country: Germany

Year: 2021

Price: $14.95

Winery review: Wine Express review, "Lush Riesling from Germany's famous Mosel Valley. Spatlese means "late picked" and designates a wine made from the ripest grapes. Refreshing citrus, apple and mineral flavors and just the right balance of sweetness and acidity for a rich mouthfeel and a lingering finish." https://www.wineexpress.com/riesling-spatlese-2019-mosel-dr.-hans-von-muller?quantity=1

Wine Folly: pg.158 general Riesling- I got notes of something floral. It definitely could have been jasmine, but I am not entirely sure what that tastes like. The main fruit flavor I picked up on was green apple. I thought the wine tasted citrus-y which according to Wine Folly could be lime. This was a very acidic wine, but I thought it was pretty smooth. Wine Folly says that the sweetness of Riesling can vary a lot. I think it is not particularly sweet or dry. It is a nice balance.

My Review: I really enjoyed this mouth watering white wine! Typically I favor red wines, but this was a very good light white wine. If I tried this wine again, I would like to serve it slightly chilled like Wine Folly suggests. I bet this wine would be even better once it has aged a few years. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy

    Name:  Summer Shandy Brewery:  Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company Price: $10.99 for 6 bottles My Review: Picture this. It's a hot sum...