Sunday, January 29, 2023

Tasting - Fabre en Provence, Côtes de Provence Rosé


Name: 
Fabre en Provence, Côtes de Provence Rosé

Variety: Grenache and Cinsault

Region: Côtes de Provence

Country: France

Year: 2021

Price: $16.95

Winery review: Mad Wine review, "A soft wine from this large estate, with a high proportion of Cinsault and Grenache giving red, spicy fruits, and bright acidity. This is a floral wine that's fragrant and ready to drink." https://madwine.com/products/fabre-en-provence-rose-cotes-de-provence


Wine Folly: pg.100 general Cinsault- According to Wine Folly, there should be notes of red fruits like raspberry, red currant, and cherry. The only one I picked up on was a faint raspberry. I did think that the wine smelled and tasted very floral. To me it was more of a rose water instead of violet like the book suggests. 

pg.117 general Grenache- This grape variety also lists a few red fruits such as strawberry, plum, and blood orange; however, I did not get any notes of that in the wine. I tasted and smelled what I thought was an oakiness, but it could have been a slight leather aroma or dried herbs. 

Wine Folly recommends decanting 30 minutes before serving. That might be nice to try, but I am not convinced that it would enhance this rose much.

My Review: This pale salmon colored wine was very refreshing to have in the middle of the day. It was very citrus-y and fresh with a lovely bite to it. I was expecting it to be sweeter, but I was actually pleased that it was dry. If you are looking for a nice wine to sip on a warm day, you can't go wrong with this!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy

    Name:  Summer Shandy Brewery:  Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company Price: $10.99 for 6 bottles My Review: Picture this. It's a hot sum...