Thursday, February 9, 2023

Tasting - House of the Dragon Pinot Noir


Name:
House of the Dragon Pinot Noir

Variety: Pinot Noir 

Region: Oregon

Country: USA

Year: 2021

Price: $15.50

Winery review: Winemaker notes, "Gentle techniques in the cellar and imagination in the vineyard achieved a fruit-driven style. The grapes were fermented in a combination of small open top fermenters and stainless steel fermenting tanks with selected yeasts propagated from cellars in Burgundy, pressed during the last days of fermentation, and racked as soon as the wine finished malolactic fermentation. Aging took place in a combination of small French oak barrels and larger stainless steel tanks for 8 months." https://www.houseofthedragonwines.com/2021-House-of-the-Dragon-Pinot-Noir

Wine Folly: pg.150 general Pinot Noir- The main aroma of this grape is cherry which I definitely picked up on. There is also raspberry listed, but I did not get it during the tasting. I thought I smelled some kind of spice in the wine. I could not pinpoint it, but according to Wine Folly, it could be clove or mushroom. I definitely smelled vanilla in the wine which agrees with Wine Folly. Next time I have this wine, I would like to try decanting it to help it seem more aged.

My Review: This pale ruby colored wine is very smooth and silky. Fire and Blood are the words of the House of the Dragon, but I thoroughly enjoyed tasting this wine! It was super fruity, especially cherry flavored. It did not leave a dry taste in my mouth after each sip, but it was not sweet. The pinot noir had a very solid medium-body. I really recommend this wine to newer red wine fans and especially Game of Thrones fans! A couple glasses of this wine and you will feel ready to conquer all seven kingdoms!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy

    Name:  Summer Shandy Brewery:  Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company Price: $10.99 for 6 bottles My Review: Picture this. It's a hot sum...